It is important to remember that the number of infections is only the number of the known ones. More people are very likely to have been infected. Even though they might not even show any symptoms, it is possible that they spread the virus unintentionally. (Source: Zeit.de, last checked on 18 Mar 2020)
For this reason and because the numbers are changing faster than we would be able to keep up with them, we do not publish the latest numbers here directly but merely provide the links where you can find the latest data.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (last checked on 04 Apr 2020)
- Johns Hopkins University (last checked on 31 Mar 2020)
- worldometer (02 Apr 2020)
- NYT: by country over time (last checked on 25 Mar 2020)
- Germany (by region):
- Göttingen: Göttinger Tageblatt (last checked on 21 Mar 2020)